Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Book Review-- The Reluctant Sorceror

Well, a relief from the barrage of management topics. Today, I would like to review my latest fantasy novel. Its the first in a continuing series by the author Simon Hawke, who is known for his novelizations of such classics as the Jason series....
This is a very light fantasy novel, with the scientist dumped in a magical world as the context. I rather like those, primarily because I like the funky problem solving descriptions that are made. The narrator is a rather verbose chap, who keeps butting in, and this makes the entire thing a lot more interesting.
Overall, worth reading once....but then, I am a diehard fantasy fan, and have recommended practically every fantasy book in the world!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmmm..... interesting..!! :P

by the way speakign of fantasy novels.. hv u read the amulet of samarkhand???

bala said...

oooh...yes! Now that is one heck of a series. Read my non management blog for a review...time to split my interests in a slightly more organized fashion.