Friday, March 17, 2006

More Interviews

Yesterday was the IISc Interview. I actually decided right at the last minute that I would attend the interview. So I landed up there completely free from the pressure of having to perform. I have to say, I was not terribly impressed with the way the event was handled. While interview time was a lot longer than the 10-12 minutes that the IIT's had, the profs failed to realise that in order to ensure 40 people get 30 minute interviews, it would take 20 hours with 1 panel!
A lot of people had to end up waiting ages for their interview. And for an already nervous candidate, the waiting can work very badly indeed. Anyways, my interview was OK...although I could not answer a whole flurry of questions on Operations and Costing...not my strength areas anyway! But I did very well in the technical questions about my work, and in justifying my need for an MBA.
So all in all, I doubt I would get it, simply because they are looking for someone who is academically brilliant (which I am not), and has a large base of mathematical and formulae knowledge (which I don't). But the interview was interesting, and even though I will probably not join (even if I get the call), the campus was worth a visit.

No comments: