Thursday, March 30, 2006

A movie review...Finally!

First, my day today started off with quite a surprise. I discovered that IIT Madras decided that my interview was not bad enough to throw me out, so I have a call from them as well.
However, I am pretty sure that I will take Kgp. Liked it a lot better than Madras anyway! :)
I was doing some basic googling for laptops, prices and features. While I never expected a laptop to be as good as a desktop, the prices and config did come as quite a shock. I would be shelling out 55k Rs, for a config which frankly, seems rather outdated. My current system, which is now almost 4 years old has a better configuration than todays notebook. (My box costed me...or rather my dad:) 35K)
I am starting to take up Batminton somewhat seriously again. Planning to go today and enrol in some place which has a court! And maybe play for about an hour a day.

Now for a movie review that I promised. My Cousin Vinny, which I watched on Sunday.

What can I say, this is one great movie. Funny as hell, and some splendid acting. Marisa Tomei (I hope I spelled it right) acted brilliantly in this movie, and really stood out. The plot itself follows two hapless college kids from New York who are accused of murder in Alabama. And they end up hirinng Vinnie, a rookie (of sorts) lawyer, who is handling his first case. Watch the movie. I doubt you would regret the choice!

No comments: