Saturday, March 11, 2006

My Life, and interviews

I had an interview with IIT Kharagpur for their MBA Programme today. Must say, it was not all that bad...though I took it rather bindaas indeed. I was impressed by the sincerity of the team there, and their obvious friendliness.
As for the interview, I hope I convinced the man about the working of a variable displacement vane pump. But the rest of the questions were rather entertaining. The last part of the interview was the killer...where he asked where I would go if I got both Delhi as well as Kharagpur...and I answered Delhi.
But now, sitting back home, I am beginning to wonder. IIT Delhi does have a better reputation as a mgt. school. But both are quite close to each other in quality, and as for first impressions, I liked the attitude of the students from K'pur. They seemed less well...prepared with pat answers (though there were a couple of those as well), and happier to share gyan with us.
However, Delhi WAS more professional (checking your id and proof of education, rather than taking your word for it). And they had larger interview panels. But on the upside for K'pur, they kept centres in at least 2 other places, which is far more friendly for me. (I had to take 2 days off work and fly to Delhi for their interview!)
So what should I do? Considering neither has made an offer, that might be a wee bit premature! :) But now I am confused, and am looking for more data before I make a decision.

No comments: